To meet the growing demand in several markets, we are also doing research to combine old tanning traditions with modern technology to produce leathers that meet present day performance requirements with lowered environmental impact :
- Using better vegetable tanning techniques, the usage of chrome in several of our leathers has been reduced considerably.
- The use of sulphides has been reduced, though not eliminated.
- All our leathers are pcp, azo and benzedene free.
In addition to the leathers that we process, we also directly import specialty finished leathers from reputed tanners across the world. Some of them are:
- 100% Vegetable-tanned shoulders from Italy.
- Hand padded aniline finish leathers from Italy.
- Special Water repellant leathers from Germany.
- Finished Sheepskin Leathers from France.
We prefer to use 100 % cotton linings or cotton blends for the interiors of our bags. When specifically required by customers, we also develop and use other natural and man-made lining materials.
We have a select panel of reputed manufacturers in India, China, Hong Kong and Italy from whom we source the metal fittings for our bags. Various colors and finishes are possible, including chrome and nickel-free. We can also offer customized and specially developed fittings.
All our zips are also sourced from Internationally recognized manufacturers. Heavy Duty Metal, CFC Polyester and moulded vislon zips ranging in size from #10 to #03 are used, depending on the application and load-bearing requirements of the bag and application.
While a lot of the work is mechanized, our products are essentially hand crafted with care and attention to detail. The secret to our quality lies in the experience, judgment and skill of our trained master craftsmen.
Our Mission To develop and provide our buyers with a reliable range of quality products which they in turn can re-sell with confidence to their customers.
To the end-users, we promise quality products that will be their reliable companions for many years. We believe long-lasting products are environmentally better than ones with limited life cycles that repeatedly overload the recycling system. To ensure this quality and durability, we employ several processes and safeguards.
Some of these are:
- Only high quality polyamide and polyester threads to international standards are used in our products.
- Joints, overlaps and gusset openings are double stitched and sometimes given even three rows of stitching.
- All load-bearing areas are reinforced internally and riveted if necessary.
- All load-bearing rivets are further reinforced with an internal metal washer.
- All shoulder straps are given an extra reinforcement tape for greater strength.
- When we have a say, we make our shoulder straps without joints, giving them remarkable strength and reliability.
- Pockets, openings etc. are given a box-stitch or triangle-stitch, to ensure they do not give way under constant use.
- We use High tensile steel plates under handle fittings to give strength and to maintain shape.